Room at the Inn-We need YOU!
MqtUU is hosting Room at the Inn (RATI), our local homeless shelter Sunday, October 8th – Sunday, October 15th. During the week there are a multitude of tasks to help the shelter run smoothly and ensure the meeting house is ready for the Sunday service after guests leave. Truly, there is a job for everyone. Imagine have 20 guests staying at your home for a week. This is a major endeavor (and such a worthwhile one). We need everyone’s help! Here are a few of the ways you can assist:
- Setting up after the service 10/8 and/or cleaning the MqtUU following RATI’s departure on 10/15
- Taking a load of laundry and washing it during the week
- Helping with laundry after RATI has departed (20+ loads of bedding!!!)
- Donating snacks and supplies (call Sarah for a specific list of needs or monetary donations are welcome and also cover laundromat expenses)
- Serving a meal (RE is signed up for Friday, October 13 and you are welcome to join us for our MqtUU community meal)
- Volunteering a shift (Must attend RATI training – see below)
The next RATI training is at the Warming Center on Thursday, September 21st at 6:30pm. For more information about Room at the Inn, visit: http://roomattheinn.org/
Please contact Sarah Johnson at 458.3915 or Michelle Halley at 361.0520 to let us know how you will support this endeavor.